When purchasing a Chevrolet, you may be unfamiliar with maintaining the pristine condition of the leather seats in your new vehicle. It’s actually easier than you think when it comes down to cleaning and conditioning the leather in your sporty Volt or your spacious Suburban. Check out these tips on how to clean and care for the leather in your vehicle safely and correctly.
- Remove any personal belongings in the vehicle before you start cleaning.
- Remove all surface dirt and any lingering debris by using a vacuum.
- Spray down the seats using your choice of leather cleaner, like Leather Honey or Armor All Leather Care Gel. If you run out of cleaner, there is a tried-and-true DIY option. By mixing one part white vinegar and two parts linseed oil together in a spray bottle, you can create and safe and effective cleaner for your Buick.
- Use a flexible brush to clean out the hard-to-reach areas in the vehicle.
- With a microfiber cloth, wipe away remaining debris.
- Condition the leather in your Buick with a conditioning product, such as Lexol or Meguiar’s.
Many factors come into play when predicting how often the leather should be cleaned and conditioned. If the vehicle is exposed to the sun for long increments of time or regularly carries multiple passengers, cleaning and conditioning is recommended to be done every two months. If your Chevy is gently used, cleaning and conditioning is only considered necessary every six months.
If you’d like your leather cleaned and conditioned by a professional, the service teams at Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville are always ready to make your vehicle’s seats look brand new again.
“Get used to taillights,” touted Chevrolet about their updated ZL1 and 1LE Camaros. The 2017 editions are available for sale this year and have been outfitted with new features to make them faster and sleeker. Director of Chevrolet’s Marketing Steve Majoros said, “The Camaro ZL1 offers supercar performance with daily-driver refinement, a combination that stacks up against any other sports coupe – at any price – around the world.” Al Oppenheiser, the chief engineer for the Camaro, added, “Building on Chevrolet’s well-established recipe for track-focused performance, the new 1LE packages expand the performance envelope of the Camaro SS and, for the first time, the Camaro LT. You’ll be hard-pressed to find more track-capable cars in their respective classes for the money.”
Here’s a peek at the new cars’ stats.
- 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
- Quarter-mile in 11.4 seconds at 127 mph
- 02 g max cornering
- 60-0 mph braking in 107 feet (32 meters)
- 220-pound (100 kg) weight reduction
- 650-horsepower (485 kW) supercharged LT4 6.2L V-8 engine
- 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds with Camaro LT 1LE
- 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds with Camaro SS 1LE
- 97 g max cornering with Camaro LT 1LE
- 02 g max cornering with Camaro SS 1LE
- 60-0 mph braking in 112 feet (34 meters) with Camaro LT 1LE
- 60-0 mph braking in 107 feet (32 meters) with Camaro SS 1LE
- 230-pound (104 kg) weight reduction (SS 1LE to previous model)
To test drive the 2017 Camaro, stop by Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, or Huntersville today.
Customization in the truck world is important, and Chevrolet provides the tools to tailor your vehicle to your every need. The accessories for the 2017 Silverado 2500HD are plentiful. Check out some of our favorites that enhance the truck’s aesthetic and its utility.
The Bed Extender: Easily add cargo capacity to the Silverado’s truck bed with the bed extender.
The Sport Bar: For a more rugged look, opt for the sport bar enhancement.
The Tool Box: An essential accessory for hard workers and avid sportsmen, the toolbox adds storage capacity for up to 250 pounds of extra stuff.
The Truck Tent: For the adventurer at heart, the Truck Tent provides camping ease for the best weekend getaways.
Underseat Storage: To stay organized and stow extra tools, consider adding underseat storage to your Silverado.
Rear-Seat Entertainment: If you’re traveling with kiddos, nothing keeps them more entertained than rear-seat entertainment.
To test drive a brand new Chevrolet Silverado and learn about your customization options, stop by Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville.