“Get used to taillights,” touted Chevrolet about their updated ZL1 and 1LE Camaros. The 2017 editions are available for sale this year and have been outfitted with new features to make them faster and sleeker. Director of Chevrolet’s Marketing Steve Majoros said, “The Camaro ZL1 offers supercar performance with daily-driver refinement, a combination that stacks up against any other sports coupe – at any price – around the world.” Al Oppenheiser, the chief engineer for the Camaro, added, “Building on Chevrolet’s well-established recipe for track-focused performance, the new 1LE packages expand the performance envelope of the Camaro SS and, for the first time, the Camaro LT. You’ll be hard-pressed to find more track-capable cars in their respective classes for the money.”
Here’s a peek at the new cars’ stats.
- 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
- Quarter-mile in 11.4 seconds at 127 mph
- 02 g max cornering
- 60-0 mph braking in 107 feet (32 meters)
- 220-pound (100 kg) weight reduction
- 650-horsepower (485 kW) supercharged LT4 6.2L V-8 engine
- 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds with Camaro LT 1LE
- 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds with Camaro SS 1LE
- 97 g max cornering with Camaro LT 1LE
- 02 g max cornering with Camaro SS 1LE
- 60-0 mph braking in 112 feet (34 meters) with Camaro LT 1LE
- 60-0 mph braking in 107 feet (32 meters) with Camaro SS 1LE
- 230-pound (104 kg) weight reduction (SS 1LE to previous model)
To test drive the 2017 Camaro, stop by Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, or Huntersville today.