Chevrolet has officially released a new special edition Camaro for 2018 that is powerful and ready for the track. The ZL1 1LE Extreme Track Package offers drivers an unforgettable Camaro experience.
According to Steve Majoros, Chevrolet’s Cars and Crossovers Marketing Director, “In the long, storied history of Camaro performance, there’s never been another model that matches the capability of the ZL1 1LE.”
Chevrolet highlights the features of the special edition:
- Downforce-producing aero: Unique features include a carbon fiber rear wing, specific air deflectors and dive planes on the front fascia that produce grip-generating downforce to help the car stick harder and drive faster in turns.
- Adjustable suspension: Racing-derived, lightweight Multimatic DSSV® (Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve) dampers front and rear offer exceptional wheel and vehicle control. The front-end ride height is adjustable, along with the caster geometry. The rear stabilizer bar also offers three-way adjustability.
- Wheels and tires: New, specific lightweight forged aluminum wheels are an inch wider but an inch smaller in diameter, front and rear, than standard ZL1 wheels and are used with new Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires that deliver max lateral grip of 1.10g. The overall footprint grows approximately 10 percent over the ZL1, but the wheel-and-tire package weighs about 3.3 pounds (1.5 kg) less per corner.
- Lighter weight: The lighter wheels and dampers, along with thinner rear glass and a fixed-back rear seat, contribute to an approximately 60-pound (27 kg) lower curb weight than a standard ZL1 Coupe.
- Supercharged performance and more: The power behind the ZL1 1LE is the 650-horsepower, supercharged LT4 engine backed by a six-speed manual transmission featuring Active Rev Match. Brembo brakes are also included, along with dual-zone automatic climate control, Bose premium audio system, heated/ventilated front seats and heated steering wheel.