Chevrolet recently announced that they are partnering with Power Solutions International, Inc. to introduce heavy-duty pickups and full-size vans powered by 6.0-liter V-8 compressed natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas capable engines starting in the first quarter of 2017. “Expanding choice is the key to helping more commercial and government fleets reduce their fuel consumption, fuel costs and emissions using alternative fuels and EVs versus using traditional gasoline,” said Ed Peper, U.S. Vice President of GM Fleet. This month, the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration announced 55 routes that will serve as the basis for a national network of “alternative fuel” spanning 35 states. Though the network is already nearly 85,000 miles long, more miles will be added in the future to accommodate electric, hydrogen, propane and natural gas vehicles as additional fueling and charging stations are built. We are extremely proud of Chevrolet for taking the next step in introducing natural gas and lowering fuel costs!
Interested in test driving or purchasing your own Chevrolet? We welcome you to stop by and visit us at Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville today.
Oftentimes, when consumers think of Chevrolet, they automatically think of trucks. However, the brand is full of cars with forward-thinking features and amazing technological advancements. Although, Chevrolet is not necessarily known for their electric cars, the Volt is impressive. Here are four reasons you should love Chevrolet’s newest green initiative—the 2017 Volt EV.
- It’s technologically advanced. GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra noted, “The Bolt EV is capable of using the latest mobile app technology to enable car sharing, advanced GPS routing and gamification, all designed to enhance the ownership experience now and into the future.” The car will feature:
- A MyLink Color Touch-Screen Display
- A Rear Camera Mirror
- Surround Vision
- Connectivity to MyChevrolet Mobile App
- EV Navigation Mapping
- It’s electric. The new EV, going into production at the end of this year, will offer 200 miles of driving on a full electric charge.
- It’s fun. The new gamification capabilities on the horizon will allow drivers to compete to determine who has the most energy-efficient driving style.
- It’s safe. With features like Lane Keep Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Forward Safety Awareness, the Volt will keep you safe on your commute.
To test drive a Volt, stop by Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville today.
When purchasing a Chevrolet, you may be unfamiliar with maintaining the pristine condition of the leather seats in your new vehicle. It’s actually easier than you think when it comes down to cleaning and conditioning the leather in your sporty Volt or your spacious Suburban. Check out these tips on how to clean and care for the leather in your vehicle safely and correctly.
- Remove any personal belongings in the vehicle before you start cleaning.
- Remove all surface dirt and any lingering debris by using a vacuum.
- Spray down the seats using your choice of leather cleaner, like Leather Honey or Armor All Leather Care Gel. If you run out of cleaner, there is a tried-and-true DIY option. By mixing one part white vinegar and two parts linseed oil together in a spray bottle, you can create and safe and effective cleaner for your Buick.
- Use a flexible brush to clean out the hard-to-reach areas in the vehicle.
- With a microfiber cloth, wipe away remaining debris.
- Condition the leather in your Buick with a conditioning product, such as Lexol or Meguiar’s.
Many factors come into play when predicting how often the leather should be cleaned and conditioned. If the vehicle is exposed to the sun for long increments of time or regularly carries multiple passengers, cleaning and conditioning is recommended to be done every two months. If your Chevy is gently used, cleaning and conditioning is only considered necessary every six months.
If you’d like your leather cleaned and conditioned by a professional, the service teams at Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville are always ready to make your vehicle’s seats look brand new again.
“Get used to taillights,” touted Chevrolet about their updated ZL1 and 1LE Camaros. The 2017 editions are available for sale this year and have been outfitted with new features to make them faster and sleeker. Director of Chevrolet’s Marketing Steve Majoros said, “The Camaro ZL1 offers supercar performance with daily-driver refinement, a combination that stacks up against any other sports coupe – at any price – around the world.” Al Oppenheiser, the chief engineer for the Camaro, added, “Building on Chevrolet’s well-established recipe for track-focused performance, the new 1LE packages expand the performance envelope of the Camaro SS and, for the first time, the Camaro LT. You’ll be hard-pressed to find more track-capable cars in their respective classes for the money.”
Here’s a peek at the new cars’ stats.
- 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
- Quarter-mile in 11.4 seconds at 127 mph
- 02 g max cornering
- 60-0 mph braking in 107 feet (32 meters)
- 220-pound (100 kg) weight reduction
- 650-horsepower (485 kW) supercharged LT4 6.2L V-8 engine
- 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds with Camaro LT 1LE
- 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds with Camaro SS 1LE
- 97 g max cornering with Camaro LT 1LE
- 02 g max cornering with Camaro SS 1LE
- 60-0 mph braking in 112 feet (34 meters) with Camaro LT 1LE
- 60-0 mph braking in 107 feet (32 meters) with Camaro SS 1LE
- 230-pound (104 kg) weight reduction (SS 1LE to previous model)
To test drive the 2017 Camaro, stop by Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, or Huntersville today.
Customization in the truck world is important, and Chevrolet provides the tools to tailor your vehicle to your every need. The accessories for the 2017 Silverado 2500HD are plentiful. Check out some of our favorites that enhance the truck’s aesthetic and its utility.
The Bed Extender: Easily add cargo capacity to the Silverado’s truck bed with the bed extender.
The Sport Bar: For a more rugged look, opt for the sport bar enhancement.
The Tool Box: An essential accessory for hard workers and avid sportsmen, the toolbox adds storage capacity for up to 250 pounds of extra stuff.
The Truck Tent: For the adventurer at heart, the Truck Tent provides camping ease for the best weekend getaways.
Underseat Storage: To stay organized and stow extra tools, consider adding underseat storage to your Silverado.
Rear-Seat Entertainment: If you’re traveling with kiddos, nothing keeps them more entertained than rear-seat entertainment.
To test drive a brand new Chevrolet Silverado and learn about your customization options, stop by Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville.
Chevrolet makes some of the world’s best trucks, and the brand is continuously advancing every aspect of each and every model they create. The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado and 2017 Silverado 2500HD are two of the top models that the brand sells, and they are going head-to-head as we compare the details that every customer loves to know. Discover the difference between the two trucks below.
2017 Colorado 2017 Silverado 2500HD
MSRP: $20,000 $33,410
Drivetrain: 4WD 4WD
HP: 308 HP 445 HP
Torque: 191 lb-ft 910 lb-ft
Fuel Type: Gas I4 Ethanol V8
Fuel Capacity: 21G 36G
If you are interested in test driving these models for yourself, we encourage you to visit Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville .
Driving a Chevrolet Malibu is fun and efficient. In any car you drive, though, filling up the tank can be costly. Get the most of every drop by following these tips below!
- Keeping your vehicle properly tuned will improve your gas mileage more than you may think. Receiving your regular tune up at Parks Chevrolet will increase your efficiency by 4%.
- Using the perfect motor oil for your Malibu is proven to provide extra miles without costing the extra dollar. By selecting high-grade motor oil, you can improve your gas mileage by 2%.
- Maintaining the appropriate tire pressure will prevent your Chevrolet Malibu from having to push harder to get you where you want to go, and it will preserve your tires! Proper inflation can improve your gas mileage 3.3%.
Proper maintenance of your Chevrolet Malibu will help you save money and drive smart. To find out more helpful tips on how to save on gas in your Chevrolet, visit us at Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville today.
Exciting news for those who love the Silverado HD, Chevrolet has partnered with Carhartt to create the Carhartt Concept, which blends capability and style in truck design. The vehicle is made to be the working man’s greatest possession. Gliding over the roughest of terrains with optimum versatility, the vehicle is made to work just as hard as its driver. The two American brands have connected to create a reliable, usable work truck. “Thousands of people go to work every day and earn their paycheck in a Chevy truck while wearing a Carhartt,” said Piszar. “Those products’ durability and versatility earn respect and loyalty that’s passed on and that’s exactly what this concept explores.” The a jet-black hue adorns the seats, armrests and door panel inserts punctuated with Carhartt’s signature look. The Carhartt logo has been added onto the headrests accompanied by a nickel finish trim. Tony Ambroza, senior vice president of marketing at Carhartt, said, “For more than 127 years, Carhartt has designed workwear by solving for the needs and practical ways hardworking people use every product we make, and that’s the same kind of thinking we applied to this collaboration.” Several accessories can be added to the Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Carhartt, such as trailering mirrors with a camera system, assist step, electrical outlets and Carhartt gold-pinstripe graphics. The Silverado Carhartt collaboration is every working man’s dream!
If you are interested in building your own Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Carhartt, visit us at Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville .
Always bringing the latest and greatest advancements to each and every vehicle made, Chevrolet has made their mark with the 2017 Suburban. With the strength of a work truck and the luxury of a coupe, the 2017 Suburban brings a whole new meaning to luxury SUVs. Discover five reason to love the Chevrolet 2017 Suburban!
- The performance is phenomenal with a torque of 383 lb-ft and 8,300 lbs. maximum towing capacity. The power of 355 horses roars through the engine while the economy-friendly tank provides 23 miles to the gallon.
- Bringing luxury along with comfort, the spacious interior is convenient for every passenger. With the ability to seat seven, the soccer team, cheer squad or the growing family can bring everything they need and more without feeling cramped in the Suburban.
- Styling your SUV to your liking is an option when purchasing the 2017 Suburban. With packages such as the LT Signature Package, LT Midnight Edition and the All-Season Package, the opportunities are limitless.
- Stay up-to-date with the advanced technology encrypted into the new SUV. Keep everyone entertained on those long holiday road trips with Apple Carplay, Android Auto Compatibility and 4G LTE Wi-Fi available to all passengers. There is no need to worry about the battery life of your mobile devices or the hassle of rotating them through one charger. The Suburban offers up to 14 charge points!
- Safety is a priority to Chevrolet. When creating the 2017 Suburban, Chevrolet advanced their safety features to prevent collisions and technology to respond in case of an emergency. Prevention, Protection and Respond features consist of available Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, High-Strength Steel Safety Cage, OnStar Advisor Services and many more.
To test drive the new 2017 Chevrolet Suburban, stop by Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville.
Purchasing a new car can be a thrill, but if you are not cautious when reading your contract, you may hit some bumps in the road. It is important that you know every detail that goes into your contract with the dealership you choose. Here at Parks Chevrolet, we’ve configured a list of the top five car buying mistakes to avoid.
- Shopping based on monthly payment could make or break your wallet. Most customers will settle for a longer finance period so that the monthly payment will be lower. In the long run, it will cost more in interest. Be sure to consider the costs of maintenance and insurance, too, as these can vary depending on the car you choose.
- Choosing a car that’s ill-suited to your needs can cause you to regret the purchase later on. At the time of purchase, a particular vehicle may seem like a good deal but is this vehicle efficient to you in the long run? Try avoiding going with the cheaper solution and make sure you’re making the right investment, even if it means paying a little more. For example, even if there’s a great price on a Chevrolet Spark, if you plan to expand your family in the next year or two, it may not provide enough space to fit your needs.
- Skipping the research phase of purchasing your vehicle of choice is a mistake to avoid. Knowing the history of the vehicle as well as finding out what the specific model is capable of is an important aspect of car buying. Make sure to do a price check so you know you’re getting the best price available.
- Buying under pressure is not a good way to go, either. Hearing things like “This is the deal of a lifetime!” can deter you from making the right decision when it is purchasing time. Go with your gut, and don’t rush into purchasing.
- Overlooking hidden costs will sneak up on you when it’s time to make that first payment. Read the final invoice closely. Question any suspicious add-ons and dealer prep fees during the time of purchase before it is too late.
If you are interested in finding out more about one of our Chevrolets, visit us at Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte, Kernersville, and Huntersville .